Five easy steps to get rid of Car Dent
For a car lover and enthusiast, one of the most annoying things that can happen to their precious car is a dent. Not only does it affect the look of your car but also causes some embarrassment whenever you take your vehicle out in the public.
For some, car dents might not be a big deal and they simply ignore them. But for true car lovers, dents on their car can be equivalent to a shattered heart. So, here are five easy ways you can use to get rid of stubborn car dents at home. Get rid of your car dent with these five easy steps.
1. Remove dent using a Plunger
A plunger is a tool that is easily available everywhere and can come handy for doing multiple tasks. A plunger can be a great tool to remove small car dents. Just follow the following steps –
- Pour water on the plunger and the dent.
- Push the plunger up and down
- Repeat until the dent is removed
2. Remove dent using boiling water
For dents that are on the plastic bumper or any other parts of your vehicle that are made of plastic, boiling water can be used. .
- Boil 2 large cups of water
- Pour the boiled water over the dent
- Reach behind the dent and try to pop it out
- Once the dent is removed pour cold water on it to fix it in place
3. Remove dent using a hair dryer
For this method you’ll need the following items: rubber coated gloves, aluminum foil, a package of dry ice, a can of compressed air and a hair dryer. Follow these steps-
- Heat the dent using the hair dryer (make sure to keep it 6-7 inches away)
- Cover the dent by a piece of aluminum foil
- Put on the gloves and rub dry ice over aluminum foil
- The sudden change in temperature will make the dent pop out
4. Remove dent using a vacuum cleaner and a bucket
Vacuum cleaners are easy to find in most of the households and can be a great tool to perform various minor household chores.
- Make a small hole in the bottom of the bucket
- Cover the dent by the upper part of the bucket
- Put the vacuum cleaner tube over the hole on the bottom of the bucket
- Turn the vacuum cleaner on and wait until the dent pops out
5. Remove dent using hot glue
This method is safe to use and only requires a hot glue, wooden dowels and a few screws. To perform the method, follow these steps-
- Halfway drill a screw into each side of a wooden dowel
- On the wider end of the dowel, place a generous amount of hot glue, and before it dries, place it on the surface of your vehicle near the dent
- Continue to add as many dowels to your car as you’ll think you’ll need
- Once all the dowels are placed on your vehicle and dried in place, you can then remove them
- After the dent is resolved with your wooden dowels, the excess hot glue lingering on your vehicle can be easily removed with heat or rubbing alcohol.
With all this said, it’s always good to have an expert or a car mechanic do the work, especially if the dent is large and you don’t have any prior experience with the tools. Automovill car service provides fast and inexpensive service for car denting and painting. At the end of the day, it’s your car so you should decide which method would work the best for you.